How do we help our Clients?
We support and help our clients 498-A victims in their challenging, horrible, traumatic
situation by providing moral support, guiding them and defending them legally to
come out of the false 498-A case by:
- Filing Anticipatory / Regular Bail
- Filing Petition for Quashing FIR
- Filing Petition for Quashing Charge Sheet
- Filing Petition for Quashing 498-A
- Representing & Defending 498-A Case
- Appeals – High Court & Supreme Court
I.P.C Sec. 498-A
498A. Husband or relative of husband of a woman subjecting her to cruelty.—Whoever,
being the husband or the relative of the husband of a woman, subjects such woman
to cruelty shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to three
years and shall also be liable to fine. Explanation.—For the purpose of this section,
(a) any wilful conduct which is of such a nature as is likely to
drive the woman to commit suicide or to cause grave injury or danger to life, limb
or health (whether mental or physical) of the woman;
(b) harassment of the woman
where such harassment is with a view to coercing her or any person related to her
to meet any unlawful demand for any property or valuable security or is on account
of failure by her or any person related to her to meet such demand.]
It is observed trend, that wife should have control over husband and live /behave
according to her expectations. In case husband does not listen, then wife will take
help from their parents / relatives / friends and proceed to file for 498-A. There
are genuine cases where Wife should opt for 498-A but In most of the cases it is
also observed that on every small issue wife filed 498-A on husband such as:
Women can be charged under the following sections if they file false case:
- ● IPC Sec. 182. False information, with intent to cause public servant to
use his lawful power to the injury of another person.-- Whoever gives to any public
servant any information which he knows or believes to be false, intending thereby
to cause, or knowing it to be likely that he will thereby cause such public servant-
- (a) to do or omit anything which such public servant ought not to do or omit if
the true state of facts respecting which such information is given were known by
- (b) to use the lawful power of such public servant to the injury or annoyance of
any person, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term
which may to six months, or with fine which may extend to one thousand rupees, or
- IPC Sec. 191. For giving false evidence.
- IPC Sec. 192. For fabricating false evidence.
- IPC Sec. 193. Punishment for false evidence.
- IPC Sec. 195. Giving or fabricating false evidence with intent to procure conviction
of offence punishable with imprisonment for life or imprisonment.
- IPC Sec. 196. Using evidence known to be false.
- IPC Sec. 197. False statement made in declaration which is by law considered as
- IPC Sec. 200. Using as true such declaration knowing to be false.
- IPC Sec. 209. Dishonestly making false claim in Court.
- IPC Sec. 211. False charge of offence made with intent to injure.
7. Acquittal in 498-A, is a concrete ground for Divorce, which proves mental cruelty.